Training for Planning Commissioners, Zoning Board of Appeals Members, and Elected Officials
Click here for the registration form.
March 24th | Mount Pleasant City Hall
5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
MAP Member Rate $114
Knowing which public engagement technique to use for which audience, and managing the public participation process so that all voices can be heard, all the while ensuring that the input is meaningful and relevant is one of a community’s greatest challenges. A process that can be rife with politics on one hand, and rewarding and beneficial on another, is part and parcel of the effort. This interactive session explains best practices on how to engage with community members and stakeholders in a meaningful way.
Our highly experienced instructors enable new community planning officials to better understand their roles and responsibilities and reacquaint experienced officials with innovative planning tools and techniques.
We make it easy for you to receive the education and training necessary to keep up with the ever-changing land-use landscape.
Who should consider attending?
- New planning commissioners and zoning board of appeals members learning roles and responsibilities
- Experienced planning commissioners and zoning board of appeals members needing a refresher
- Elected and appointed officials
- Zoning administrators
- Emerging planning professionals
- Planning students (special student-member rate!)
What makes these workshops valuable?
- All instructors are certified by the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
- All attendees receive a supplemental guidebook
- All workshops include a half-hour break for networking and a light dinner.
- MAP's reputation and credibility as a land use leader are widely recognized, assuring the highest quality educational experience.
Registration and Cancellation Policy
For cancellations received in writing 5 business days prior to the workshop, a $25 cancellation fee will be charged. Cancellations received less than 5 days in advance of the workshop, and no-shows the day of the event, will be responsible for the full amount of the registration because food/beverage and workshop materials costs have already been incurred. You may 1) send a substitute or 2) receive the workshop materials in the mail in the event you are unable to attend but not able to cancel in time.