APA has recently updated the AICP Exam, below please find a brief summary of what to expect on the new exam:
· Expanded introduction to each exam category to reduce ambiguity.
· Exam is more about concepts and experience instead of memorization.
· Most of old outline topics are incorporated into new outline.
· More information and context about questions (gives example in each category).
· Emphasis on readily available reference sources.
· Do not expect a question on every outline example.
· Exam prep resources are available from all state chapters.
· Some practice questions for free online, but full test exam costs money.
· They suggest studying with a study buddy.
· Since this is a new exam, expect longer to receive the May exam results.
· The application process is the same, no changes.
· They recommend 4-6 months of studying.
· The current pass rate is 65-67%.
· Check out “Exam Prep 3.0”
This page last updated on 2/24/2017.