Planning Michigan 2017
September 27-29, 2017
Mission Point, Mackinac Island
The Planning Michigan conference committee is currently seeking your ideas for the 2017 conference!
Do you have a great idea for the 2017 conference? Propose a session!
Looking for topic ideas? We have also identified a few topics we are looking to highlight on the agenda:
- Small Town and Rural Planning
- Infrastructure Planning
Consider submitting a facilitated session that allow attendees to share experiences on a given topic, or a session that demonstrates a technical application. We are looking to offer more sessions that incorporate hands-on learning experiences and opportunities for attendees to share their experience instead of the traditional slideshow presentation.
Please remember that at times, we receive 20-30 more proposals than we have room for on the agenda. Submission of a well thought out session description is essential.
Conference sessions are generally 75 minutes long. We recommend no more than 4 speakers, and as few as one is also acceptable.
The deadline for session proposals is Friday, April 21, 2017 at midnight.
Conference session proposals are anonymously evaluated by the Committee for overall quality; well-defined focus; relevance to current planning issues; practical application of material; application to the audience; and transferability of subject.
Directions to enter information:
1. Enter all fields, as required.
2. Click the Submit button.
3. The information you entered will show on the screen. Please verify that the information is correct. If any information is not correct, edit and click Submit button again.
4. If all the information is correct, you must click on the Save Form button. Failure to do so may result in a loss of information and the session will not be submitted.
5. You will receive a confirmation email if your session was successfully submitted.