Planning and Zoning Training Workshops are scheduled!
Click here to learn more | Online registration is closed, please call (734) 913-2000 to register.
Planning & Zoning Essentials Workshop
March 15, 2018 | 12-5:30 pm | Grand Rapids, Eberhard Center GVSU
March 20, 2018 | 12-5:30 pm | Taylor, Wayne County Community College Downriver Campus
Risk Management Workshop
March 15, 2018 | 6-9 pm | Grand Rapids, Eberhard Center GVSU
Early every year, MAP offers a variety of workshops throughout the state to meet the training needs of community planning officials. Our highly experienced instructors enable new officials to better understand their roles and responsibilities and reacquaint experienced officials with innovative planning tools and techniques.
We make it easy for you to receive the education and training necessary to keep up with the ever-changing land-use landscape.
Who should consider attending?
- New planning commissioners and zoning board of appeals members learning roles and responsibilities
- Experienced planning commissioners and zoning board of appeals members needing a refresher
- Elected and appointed officials
- Zoning administrators
- Emerging planning professionals
- Planning students (special student-member rate!)
What makes these workshops valuable?
- All instructors are certified by the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
- All attendees receive a supplemental guidebook
- All workshops include a half-hour break for networking and a light dinner.
- MAP's reputation and credibility as a land use leader are widely recognized, assuring the highest quality educational experience.