Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Wayne County Community College
Registration & Networking Lunch: Noon - 12:45 pm
Program: 12:45 pm - 5:30 pm
Early Bird Registration Fees
Member Rate: $100 | Non-Member Rate: $130 | Student Member Rate: $30
**After March 14, a $25 late fee will apply **
Register Online Here
What can the Planning and Zoning Essentials workshop do for you?
* Clarify the expectations and limitations of your position.
* Help you recognize when there’s a conflict of interest.
* Equip you with the best planning and zoning practices to sharpen your decision-making skills.
* Boost your confidence as an elected official, planning commissioner, or zoning board of appeals member during meetings.
MAP’s popular workshop, Planning and Zoning Essentials, is designed for anyone who deals with planning and zoning issues in your community. This information-packed program is ideal for introducing new planning commissioners and zoning board of appeals members to their roles and responsibilities, and also for more experienced officials looking to refresh their skills and build upon existing knowledge.
Roles and responsibilities, site plan review, master planning, zoning ordinances, variances, how to determine practical difficulty, and standards for decision-making are all presented in this comprehensive workshop.
Why Planning and Zoning Essentials?
* All workshop instructors are certified by the American Institute of Certified Planners.
* Registration includes a copy of MAP’s Planning and Zoning Essentials guidebook— a 95-page resource filled with information to help you make better decisions.
* For more than 70 years, MAP’s reputation and credibility as a land use leader in Michigan have been widely recognized, assuring the highest quality educational experience.
Learn from MAP’s experienced and credentialed instructor:
* Bradley Strader, AICP, PTP - Brad brings unique perspective as a community and transportation planner linking land use with multimodal transportation and design to create vibrant places. He has national experience with complete streets transportation and transit planning, parking strategies, comprehensive planning, zoning and form-based code. Brad is a frequent lecturer on planning, zoning and transportation topics at state, regional and national conferences and training webinars.