Thank you to everyone who participated and sponsored the 2016 Emerging Planning Professionals Career Building Reception.
This event would not have been possible without the generous commitment of many MAP members, established planning professionals, and university partners who donate their time, expertise, and financial support to ensure that emerging planners receive resources they need to begin worthwhile careers.
Emerging Planning Professionals (EPP) Membership
MAP has launched an initiative for a new generation of planners who are finding their way in the profession. As the Michigan Chapter, APA continues to strategically connect with various member cohorts, we look to the future of planning in Michigan, and to planners not yet firmly planted in their career paths, or in transition from one phase to another, and how MAP can provide specialized benefits and services to this sector of our membership.
**NEW EPP MEMBERSHIP RATE AVAILABLE! For three years following graduation, emerging planners can connect to MAP and the largest network of planning professionals in Michigan at a discounted rate.
Take advantage of the graduated membership dues structure: from $15 for student membership; to $30 for EPP membership (for up to three years following graduation); and eventually to $60 individual MAP membership.
Download the membership brochure today!
Emerging Planning Professionals are students, entry-level-to-mid-level planners, those in non-traditional fields without decades of experience, or individuals embarking on encore careers. Whether equipped with a brand new planning degree, shifting focus in their career, or tackling your first professional planning position, EPP’s offer ambition, passion and potential, and often have questions about how to get to where they want to go. The Michigan Association of Planning wants to provide member services, opportunities and products to help them.
As the largest organization dedicated solely to planning and zoning in Michigan, we provide resources and information to all members of our statewide planning community to connect, engage, and learn.
Emerging planning professionals are the future leaders of our profession, and in our communities; they offer unique and fresh perspectives; and have somewhat different needs than our more experienced professional members. Because we value their involvement and membership, we have created a new program initiative with benefits customized to meet their distinct professional and personal needs.
Those who would find the most benefit from this new membership category include:
- Upperclassman in a University in planning or a related field
- Recently graduated (planning school)
- Entry level professional with less than 3 years planning experience
- Encore Career or mid-career transitioners
Some of the discreet services and benefits offered to Emerging Planning Professionals include:
- Graduated membership dues structure
- Opportunities to network and learn with seasoned professionals at the Career Building Reception, held annually in November.
- Special recognition at MAP events integrating you into the MAP network of planners and inviting professionals to outreach to you.
- Custom developed articles and features in the Michigan Planner magazine and in the E-dition
- And more! An EPP committee comprised of your peers is developing a work plan to identify specialized services to meet your unique professional development needs.
MAP continues to advance initiatives to help better integrate EPP’s into the MAP membership family and connect this important cohort with our valued experienced members.
This page last updated on 11/28/2016.